2 years and/or 100K miles on the odometer.
Cylinder Block; CylinderHead(s) and all internal lubricated parts contained within the engine including: Pistons; Piston Rings; Connecting Rods/Bearings; Crankshaft; Crankshaft Main Bear ings; Camshaft; Camsha ft Bearings; Cam Followers; Timing Chain or Belt; Timing Gears, Guides, Tensioners; Rocker Arms; Rocker Shafts; Rocker Bushings; Cylinder Head Valves; Valve Guides; Valve Lifters; Valve Springs; Valve Seals; Valve Retainers; Valve Scats; Push Rods; Water Pump; Fuel Pump; Oil Pump and Oil Pump Housing; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pan; Timing Chain Co ver; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds: Valve Covers; Engine Mounts; Cam Gear Bolts; Hannonic Balancer Bolt; Head Bolts; Seals & Gaskets.
(factory installed only) Turbocharger/Supercharger Housing and all Internal Parts; Seals & Gaskets.
(Automatic or Standard) Transmission case and all Internal Parts plus: Torque Converter; Flywheel Flexplate; Vacuum Modulator; E lectronic Shift Control Unit; Transmission Cooler; Transmission Mounts; Oil Pan; Seals & Gaskets.
Transfer Case and All Internal Parts; Seals & Gaskets.
(Front and Rear) Drive Axle Case; All Internal Parts contained within the Drive Axle; Loclcing Hubs; Drive Shafts; Center Support Bearings; Universal Joints; Constant Velocity Joints; Axle Bearings; Four-Wheel Drive Actuator; Differential Cover; Seals & Gaskets.
SECURITY ASSURANCE LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONSISTS OF THE WARRANTY REGISTRATION PAGE ABOVE AND THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS:
In this Limited Warranty, certain words appear in bold print: they have the following meanings:
"You" and "Your" • Means the Warrantee named on the Registration Page.
"We", "Us", and "Our"· Means the dealer issuing the Limited Warranty, whose name and address appears on the Registration Page. The dealer is the Warrantor under this Limited Warranty.
"Your Vehicle"• Means the Vehicle which is described on the Registration Page.
"Breakdown"· Means the failure of a covered part under normal service. A covered part has failed when ii can no longer perform the function for which it was designed solely because of its condition and not because of the action or inaction of any non-covered parts. "Effective Date" - Means the date shown on the Registration Page which is the date Your Vehicle was purchased.
"Deductible"· Means the amount, as shown on the Registration Page, that We will subtract from the cost incurred to remedy each Breakdown. You will incur this Deductible on a per visit basis, with a maximum of$500 per visit. Should a cove red Breakdown take more than one visit to repair, only one Deductible will apply for that Breakdown.
"Replacement Parts" - Replacement Parts may be new, remanufactured, or Replacement Parts of like kind and quality. The total cost of all repairs or replacements are not to exceed the lessor of ten thousand dollars (I 0,000) or the actual cash value of the Vehicle immediately prior to Breakdown, less the Deductible.
"Systems" - Means those Systems of parts covered under the Limited Warranty: Engine, Turbocharger/Supercharger, Transmission, Transfer Case, and Drive Axle.
"Administrator" - Means CareGard Warranty Services, Inc.
"Licensed Repair Facility" - Repair facility that employs Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified technicians.
Engine: Cylinder Block; Cylinder Head(s) and all internal lubricated parts contained within the engine including: Pistons; Piston Rings; Connecting Rods/Bearings; Crankshaft; Crankshaft Main Bearings; Camshaft; Camshaft Bearings; Cam Followers; Timing Chain or Belt; Timing Gears, Guides.
Tensioners; Rocker Arms; Rocker Shafts; Rocker Bushings; Cylinder Head Valves; Valve Guides; Valve Lifters; Valve Springs; Valve Seals; Valve Retainers; Valve Scats; Push Rods; Water Pump; Fuel Pump; Oil Pump and Oil Pump Housing; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pan; Timing Chain Cover; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds: Valve Covers; Engine Mounts; Cam Gear Bolts; Hannonic Balancer Bolt; Head Bolts; Seals & Gaskets.
Turbocharger/Supercharger: (factory installed only) Turbocharger/Supercharger Housing and all Internal Parts; Seals & Gaskets.
Transmission: (Automatic or Standard) Transmission case and all Internal Parts plus: Torque Converter; Flywheel Flex plate; Vacuum Modulator; Electronic Shift Control Unit; Transmission Cooler; Transmission Mounts; Oil Pan; Seals & Gaskets.
Transfer Case: Transfer Case and All Internal Parts; Seals & Gaskets.
Drive Axle: (Front and Rear) Drive Axle Case; All Internal Parts contained within the Drive Axle; Locking Hubs; Drive Shafts; Center Support Bearings; Universal Joints; Constant Velocity Joints; Axle Bearings; Four-Wheel Drive Actuator; Differential Cover; Seals & Gaskets.
Coverage under this Limited Warranty begins on the Vehicle purchase date shown on the Registration Page and will expire in 24 (twenty-four) months or when your vehicle's odometer reaches 100,000 miles (one hundred thousand) whichever occurs first) as shown on the Registration Page.
This Limited Warranty applies only to Breakdowns that occur and repairs made within the United States of America and Canada.
This Limited Warranty does not provide coverage:
A. FOR ANY PART NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED IN SECTION II.
B. FOR A BREAKDOWN CAUSED BY LACK OF PROPER MAINTENANCE.
C. FOR A BREAKDOWN CAUSED BY COLLISION, FIRE, THEFT, VANDALISM, RIOT, EXPLOSION, LIGHTENING, EARTHQUAKE,
WINDSTORM, HAIL, WATER, FLOOD, FREEZING, SALT, ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE, CONTAMINATION OF FLUIDS, COOLANTS OR LUBRCANTS.
D. IF THE ODOMETER OF TI-IE COVERED VEHICLE HAS STOPPED OR BEEN CHANGED, OR IF THE ODOMETER HAS BEEN ALTERED IN ANYWAY SUBSEQUENT TO PURCHASE.
E. IF YOUR VEHICLE RENTED TO SOMEONE ELSE.
F. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS ALTERED OR MODIFIED.
G. FOR CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM A BREAKDOWN. *
H. FOR STORAGE CHARGES.
I. FOR A BREAKDOWN DUE TO MISUSE OR ABUSE.
J. FOR ENGINE TUNE-UP.
K. FOR FRONT SUSPENSIONALIGNMENT.
L. FOR A BREAKDOWN RESULTING FROM RACING OR COMPATETIVE DRIVING.
M. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS USED COMMERCIALLY OR TO CARRY PASSENGE RS FOR HIRE, DE LIVERY, HAULING, POLICE OR EMERGENCY SERVICE, SNOW REMOVAL, SERVICE OR REPAIR.
N. IF YOUR VEHICLE IS OLDER THAN CURRENT PLUS EIGHT MODEL YEARS.
0. TO IMPROVE OPERATI NG PERFORMANCE FOLLOWING NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR, OR FOR ANY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY COVERED PART IF A BREAKDOWN HAS NOT OCCURRED OR IF THE WEAR ON THAT PART HAS NOT EXCEEDED THE FIELD TOLERANCES ALLOWED BY THE MANUFACTURER. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, VALVE OR RING REPAIRS DESIGNED TO IMPROVE ENGINE COMPRESSION OR REDUCE OIL CONSUMPTION.
P. FOR A BREAKDOWN CAUSED BY T OWING A TRAILER OR ANOTHERVEHICLE, UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE ISEQUIPPED FOR THIS AS RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
Q. WHEN THE RESPONSIBIL1TY FOR THE REP AIR IS COVERED BY AN INSURANCE POLICY, OR ANY WARRANTY FROM THE MANUFACTURER, FURTHER, COVERAGE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS SIMILARLY LIMITED INTI-IE EVENT OF A BREAKDOWN IF THE MANUFACTURER HAS ANNOUNCE D ITS RESPONSIBLI ITY THROUGH ANY MEANS, INCLUDING PUBLIC RECALLS AND FACTORY SE RVICE BULLETINS.
*SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY WILL LASTOR THE EXCLUSIONOR LIMITATION OF INFOMRATION OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TOWING/ROAD SERVICE: IN THE EVENT YOUR VEHICLE IS DISABLED. WE WILL PAY OR REIMBURSE YOU FOR RECEIPTED TOWING OR ROAD SERVICE EXPENSES UP TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) PER OCCURRENCE. ANY PAYMENTS SHALL BE FOR ACTUAL TOWING OR ROAD SERVICE CHARGES TN EXCESS OF ANY APPLICABLE REIMBURSEMENT FROM THE MANUFACTURER OR ANY OTHER TOWING OR ROAD SERVICE COVERAGE. NO DEDUCTIBLE WILL APPLY TO THIS BENEFIT.
Have Your Vehicle checked and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, as outlined in the Owner’s Manual You experience a Breakdown You agree to:
I. Use all reasonable means to protect Your Vehicle from more damage.
2. Notify Us, or Our Administrator, as soon as possible.
3. Furnish Us, or Our Administrator r, with such information as We may reasonably require.
4. Allow Us to examine Your Vehicle if We ask to do so. If this is not possible, call Us or Our Administrator, CareGard Warranty Services, Inc. using the toll-free number l-888•565-2580.
5. Pay Deductible shown on registration page.
6. Incur only those expenses which We have authorized in advance.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU EXPERIENCE A BREAKDOWN:
1. Prevent Further Damage • Take immediate action to prevent further damage. This Limited Warranty will not cover the damage caused by not securing a timely repair when a Breakdown has occurred. The operator is responsible for observing Vehicle warning lights and gauges and taking appropriate action immediately. Failure to do so, may result in the denial of Coverage.
2. Take Your Vehicle to a Licensed Repair Facility - If Your Vehicle breaks down, take it back to Warrantor. If this is not possible, take Your Vehicle
to any Licensed Repair Facility (You may contact the Administrator for help in locating a Licensed Repair Facility)
3. Provide Warrantor/Repair Facility with a copy of Your Limited Warranty and/or Your Limited Warranty Number.
4. Obtain Authorization from the Administrator - Prior to any repair being made, instructs the Service Manager at the Licensed Repair Facility to contact the Administrator to obtain an authorization for the claim. Any claim for repairs without prior authorization will not be covered. The amount authorized by the Administrator is the maximum amount that will be paid for repairs covered under the terms of this Limited Warranty. Any additional amount must receive prior approval from Our Administrator.
5. Authorize Tear-Down and/or Inspecting- In some cases, You may need to authorize the Licensed Repair Facility to inspect and/or1ear down Your Vehicle in order to determine the cause and cost of repair. You will be responsible for these charges if the failure is not covered under this Limited Warranty. We reserve the right to require an inspection of Your Vehicle prior to any repair being made.
6. Revie w Coverage - Aller the Administrator has been contacted, review with the Service Manager what will be covered by this Limited Warranty.
7. Pav any applicable Deductible - We will reimburse the Licensed Repair Facility or You for the responsible cost of the work performed on Your Vehicle that is covered by this Limited Warranty and previously authorized, less the Deductible (if any). Once authorization is obtained, and the repair is completed, all repair orders and documentation must be submitted to the Administrator within thirty (30) days to be eligible for payment.
8. Emergency Repairs - Should an emergency occur which requires repairs covered by this Limited Warranty be made at a time when the Administrator's office is closed, You must call the Administrator's office within five (5) business days from the date of repair to determine if such repair will be covered by this Limited Warranty. If covered, you will be reimbursed for the repair.
IF YOUR VEHICLE BREAKS DOWN ON THE ROAD:
Follow the same steps above. If necessary, the Licensed Repair Facility will be paid, les s Your Deductible (if any), by the Administrator's national charge card system (MasterCard, Visa or American Express) on Your behalf. ln some cases, you may need to pay the repair bill in full. If so, you will be reimbursed for the authorized cost of the repair, less Your Deductible (if any). If You have any questions regarding claim procedures or Coverages, please call the Administrator at the number below and ask for a Customer Support Representative:
CareGard Warranty Services, lnc.
PO Box 653
Bedford, TX 76095
1. Our right to Recover Payment: If You have a right to recover against another party for repairs, we have paid under this Limited Warranty, Your
rights shall become Our rights. You shall do whatever is necessary to enable Us to enforce these rights. WE shall recover only the excess after Vou are fully compensated for Your loss.
2. Transfer Of Protection: Your rights under this Limited Warranty may not be assigned or transfer red.
3. Other Terms: This Limited Warranty gives You specific legal rights and You may also have other rights which vary from state to state. We do not authorize any person to create for Us any other obligational liability in connection with Your Vehicle.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULARPURPOSE APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE IS
LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE Duration OF THIS Written WARRANTY. THE PERFORMANCE OF REPAIRS AND NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER WRITTENWARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. WE SHALL NOT BE
LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BREACH OF THIS Written WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY.
THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR ANY USED VEHICLE WARRANTY WHICH WE MAY BE REQUIRED TO Provide TO YOU UNDER ANY STATE LAW.
1. sm...m STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, so THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
2. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
3. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.